|Download latest version:
Installation Package (7.4mb)
Portable Version (2.05mb)
|Discuss at forum|
The “OSHE” (Online Solutions Hosts Editor) hosts-file editor is an intelligent tool for viewing the contents of the hosts file with an ability to disable, delete and edit any of its lines.
The hosts file often falls victim to various types of malicious software, which modify it in a number of ways. These modifications are made with the purpose of redirecting users to alternative web addresses instead of the ones that users type in the address field of their web browsers or the ones used by system applications, antiviruses and firewalls for updating their components or virus bases.
Such practices pursue the goal of performing DoS attacks, infecting computers by different types of viruses, increasing the traffic to hackers’ websites and blocking users’ access to update servers, thus eliminating the possibility of detecting any malicious software that can be automatically installed by hackers in the future.
The “OSHE” editor allows you to easily disable and enable unwanted records at any moment, if need be.
- two viewing modes for fast and efficient comprehension of the hosts file information - as a table and as a text file;
- instant recovery of the default hosts file if undesirable records have been added to it;
- indication of date and time of the latest modifications in the hosts file;
- comfortable search in all viewing modes;
- user’s ability to set ‘Read Only’ file protection.
- a completely freeе application!
- support of visual themes (skins) for users who do care how their favorite software looks.
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- Microsoft Windows Vista
The company is currently working on providing full support of these operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP x64
- Microsoft Windows 2003 x64
- Microsoft Windows Vista x64
- Microsoft Windows 2008 x86/x64
- Microsoft Windows 7 x86/x64